No Direction

No Direction is our 70ft Narrowboat which is now home to my wife Jayne and myself, it was launched on 4th February 2008.

We spend the Winters in a Marina and cruise in the warmer weather.

Saturday 20 April 2013

A Room With A View.


Saturday, 20th April 2013.
Holiday Inn, Southampton.

We're in Southampton this weekend as I'm attending two training courses at Stormforce Coaching for the sailing trips which I will be on this summer.

 
We were shown how to use different distress flares without setting fire to each other or singeing our eyebrows.


Early this morning whilst it was still very dark I heard a tannoy system outside the hotel but didn't bother looking what it was, when we got up and drew the curtains back we were confronted with a huge floating hotel in the form of "Independence of the Seas".

I wish I'd took the trouble to see what the noise was as the outside wall of our room is all glass and we would have had an excellent view of it coming in.


Amazing to think this huge ship came into the dock and tied up with virtually no noise (apart from the loud speakers), we've had more disturbance from people mooring a narrow boat close to us when were out on the cut.

While I've been in the classroom Jayne's been doing the rounds in the West Quay shopping centre and will probably be back there tomorrow.


No comments: